Fire Prevention Tips
SERVPRO of Fairfield County understands that cooking equipment is a leading cause of fire damage and fire injuries in homes.
To help prevent fire damage, SERVPRO of Fairfield County shares these tips. They make more sense than not cooking at home.
- Many kitchen items can catch fire, including dish towels, oven mitts, recipes, wooden tools, and loose clothing
- Never operate the stove or oven when you are tired or have been drinking alcohol
- If you are frying, broiling, grilling, or boiling food, stay in the kitchen. If you leave, even for a short time, turn off the heat
- Keep flammable items at least three feet from the stovetop
- Do not allow children within two to four feet of the stove or oven
- If you must leave the house while cooking of any kind, turn off the heat sources
Remember that fire is fast. If you cannot contain a fire immediately, leave and bring everyone with you. Call 9-1-1 from OUTSIDE.
SERVPRO of Fairfield County reminds you that fire prevention is the best strategy against fire damage.