Water Damage Facts
Unfortunately, you may be here because you have or have experienced water damage in your home. Well, SERVPRO of Fairfield County is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for your water cleanup and restoration needs. The following list shows a timeline of the effects water can have on a structure:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to crack and swell.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, Windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risk to occupants.
SERVPRO of Fairfield County can assist you with your insurance claim. Our water certified administrative team works closely with your insurance provider as our trained and certified technicians work diligently to return your home to pre-water conditions. Our technicians are credited on IICRC principles which brings a peace of mind to homeowners in water cleanup and restoration situation.
Do you have water damage?
Our Team at SERVPRO of Fairfield County is here to answer and assist you with your water damage. Call us Today at (740) 756-7003