Prepare With a Winter Storm Kit
Winter is in full swing and our cold weather, snow, and ice storms can cause severe damage and power outages to your home or business. When these types of disasters strike, immediate action is necessary to prevent additional damage to your property. SERVPRO of Fairfield County is always here to help and want to give you tips on a basic emergency kit in case the unpredictable happens.
In a crazy year filled with the unexpected, one thing that 2020 showed us is to always be prepared. Here are some basic you should have in your Emergency Storm Kit.
Basic emergency supply kit should include these recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
Also look at ready.gov for more ideas on emergency kits!
Ohio is well known for its constant changes in weather, making our homes and businesses an easy target for winter storm damage. That is why we here at SERVPRO of Fairfield County are ready to help 24/7. We will work around the clock to get your property back to pre loss condition.