The 3 Categories of Water Damage
Category 1: "Clean Water"
It is from a clean source such as a leaking faucet. If not treated quickly, this water can turn into category 2 or 3, depending on length of time, temperature, and contact with surrounding contaminants.
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line. If left untreated, can degrade into category 2 or 3.
Category 2: "Gray Water"
It is contaminated and could cause discomfort or illness.
- Washing machine overflow.
- Toilet overflow with some urine, but not feces.
- Dishwasher overflow.
May contain bacteria and viruses and can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated.
Category 3: "Black Water"
It is grossly contaminated and could cause severe illness or death, if ingested because of chemicals and microbes. Any contact should be avoided.
- Flooding from rivers or streams from sewer backup.
- Water from beyond the toilet trap.
- Water from the toilet bowl with feces.
- Standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
Cleanup must not be taken lightly. Serious long-term health issues to adults, children and even pets may occur due to bacteria, viruses and even parasites. Don't delay. Take immediate action.
If You See Signs of Water Damage, Call Us at 740-756-7003!