What To Do Following a House Fire
A house fire can lead to a complex series of events. However, homeowners who familiarize themselves with the fire damage remediation process can simplify and streamline the process of home restoration by making coherent choices. Learn more about how to realize this important objective by reviewing the short outline provided by SERVPRO.
Put Your Safety First. Once a major fire transpires in your home, there will be a wide range of health and safety hazards present. For this reason, it's very important for you to put you and your family's safety first. For starters, make sure that you do not reenter your residential property until you receive the go-ahead from an authoritative source as the fire department. Factors like falling debris, electrical hazards, smoke contamination, and the compromised structural integrity of your property could result in an accident. Also, be sure that you do not attempt to complete any aspect of the restoration process on your own. Doing so can result in significant injuries or illness.
Call Your Insurance Company. In addition to putting your safety first, make sure that you call your insurance company immediately. Your insurance agent will send out an adjuster enabling you to start and complete the process of filing your claim. The adjuster may also help you with the photographing all damaged areas of your property. Be sure that you do not overlook this important process. The pictures you take of damaged materials and structural elements can help determine how much coverage you receive.
Contact A Premier Fire Damage Restoration Company like SERVPRO. Our rep will inspect the property and assess the damage using our CCIS generated form. The result is an inventory listing all damaged items and building materials. We can help manage the insurance paperwork and work closely with you and your insurance adjuster to expedite the restoration process and claim. We will provide the following while also relieving you of some stress that can be overwhelming.
• Rapid response. Local with 24/7 availability.
• Communication of procedures.
• Construction of a detailed estimate.
• Prevention of ongoing damage. Water removal, protection of personal items.
• Prevention of cross-contamination. Inhibit the continued circulation of smoke and soot. Disinfecting and mold remediation.
• Proper cleaning and processing of the entire remediation project. On-site and shipped out utilizing the standards set forth by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification, (IICRC).
• Providing effective odor control. Foggers, Ozone machines, air movers, and dehumidifiers.
Trust The Professionals from SERVPRO . Once fire damage has impacted your home and life, you may feel a sense of despair, and anxiety. Allow us, industry experts with extensive experience, to complete each component of the restoration process following a fire. We will keep you informed and offer a final walk-through to ensure your satisfaction with the restored condition of your home.