This SERVPRO loss occurred in an unoccupied home and was caused by lack of attention from a property manager
Due to forecasted freezing temperatures, the property manager was trying to do preventative maintenance by running water through the lines to prevent frozen pipes.
Unfortunately, he did not monitor the sink in which the water was flowing, and the basin overflowed causing water to run under the flooring.
The water ran long enough that eventually it caused the wood flooring to begin to bow and then mold started to grow on the subfloor.
It was also discovered that enough water had spilled out of the sink that the ceiling of the bedroom directly below had standing water above the drywall.
SERVPRO tip, always keep your eyes on running water, especially in the home!