If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (740) 756-7003

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Microwave Malfunction

This kitchen had an unruly microwave that started burning the food inside and the smoke circulated out onto the walls, cabinets, and the ceiling. This type of popcorn ceiling latched on the greasy, sooty residue and required some good professional techniques for smoke damage restoration. SERVPRO cleared the area of all items after shutting down the A/C system. The activated hydroxyl generator was used to chemically change smoke particulates in the air. Then a dry sponging technique was used for the initial soot removal. Next, a specialized detergent for a final cleaning. The cabinets were restored, the walls and ceilings received a priming of a special coating in preparation for a final finish. A thermal fogging of the ducts was done to capture any lingering smoke odors.